Monday, February 10, 2014

Open letter to Triple J

Oi, can you please play some HE IS LEGEND tunes? They have a new album coming out this year and their first single ‘SOMETHING WITCHY’ is already blowing up on YouTube. If not, I would simply like to know why... WHY?!  Triple J programmers... WHY!?

My dream is to have my favourite band of all time (HE IS LEGEND) rocking out my drive to or from work on Triple J. I then look into the car next to me, and some other dude is rocking out to HE IS LEGEND for the first time. We make eye contact. We nod. And then we go our separate ways. Never to see each other ever again.  Is that so much to ask? It’s not like you guys don’t play epic rock. Birds of Tokyo, Bring Me The Horizon, and so on... what makes them better that HIL? Nothing. That’s what.

Normally, I would never make such an outlandish request, but here is the situation: HIL split a few years ago due to whatever reasons. They never, in 10 years of rocking out, made one bad song yet I never heard any of it on your station. And you guys play cool tunes so what’s with that? Anyways, now, by the grace of all that is holy, they are back! And they are better than ever. They haven’t sold out. They aren’t making stuff that is ‘radio friendly’, they’re making good old fashioned rock. The way it is supposed to be. They should be rewarded for doing so. Not punished.

Why can’t we get these guys into rotation? I don’t understand. Please help me understand... I can put up with countless hours of listening to Haim drool over themselves on my way to work, why can’t I hear some HIL mixed in there with it? I think Australia would really appreciate their style. But you guys haven’t given them a good chance.

Please. Play some HE IS LEGEND.


PS. Their label is TRAGIC HERO RECORDS which I think is SHOCK in Australia. 

open letter to triple j

No comments:

Post a Comment